About Shell LiveWIRE
- The Shell LiveWIRE programme supports innovative
young entrepreneurs in the UK with ideas that meet the energy and resource
needs of a fast-growing population.
- Shell LiveWIRE is one of Shell’s Social
- It is an important part of Shell’s commitment to supporting a flourishing culture of UK enterprise
and inspiring young people to innovate and provide real solutions to today’s
energy and resource challenges.
- Over the last 30 years, Shell LiveWIRE has
helped over 880,000 young people in the UK to explore starting their own
business and provided £5 million of funding.
- Shell LiveWIRE champions creativity and innovation, fostering a culture of peer support that has led the Shell LiveWIRE
online community to grow to over 230,000 members.
Shell LiveWIRE Also provides:
- The Shell LiveWIRE Smarter Future programme, which awards £5,000 in start-up funding and exclusive mentoring sessions with Shell business experts to one winner per month to help programme winners to fulfil their potential. These monthly winners are then considered for the annual £25,000 Shell LiveWIRE Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- The Shell LiveWIRE International Let’s Go Trade Programme, which gives Smarter Future Programme winners the opportunity to apply for partial funding to cover the cost of exploring innovative business opportunities in other countries.
- A 230,000-strong online community of entrepreneurs provides access to ongoing networking opportunities and advice
- Access to free tools, resources and guides on starting and running your own business in our Business Library
- News, blogs, and reviews of interest to young entrepreneurs
- Watch video interviews, top tips,webcasts and how-to guides in our Video Lounge
Other ways in which Shell supports UK society:
In the UK, Shell is involved in Social Investment programmes that support science, education and innovation. These include:
For more information on the programmes above, visit Shell's UK Social Investment website.