This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

1. Social media is the least expensive and most effective marketing tools. Get involved and use it to your advantage.

2. Forge alliances with other businesses related to your sector and support each others campaigns and promote each other regularly.

3. SEO is another affordable way to get your website seen by lots of potential customers. Read up and utilise it.

4. Mimic the big boys. Don't copy but use the similar language, colouring, and marketing ideas as your customers will instantly relate because they have seen it before and understand the messages.

5. Knock backs are there to make the good times feel even better - embrace them! Pick yourself up and be stronger for it, your business will boom!

That OK?
I would have to say:

Backup always backup and test, you can always get a new IT equipment but its a lot harder to get your data back.

Finance know how much you need to run your business.

Targets always set a target to meet.

Plan always think about tomorrow on any decision. No point buying or doing something that is going to be no good for you in a month/years time.

Learn listen to what others say and be prepared to learn new skills.
Starting Out
It's very useful post
I would recommend hire a consultant or take the training of a consultant in order to expand the business.
I started a small business(Shop) of household items, did fine in the starting, but wanted more clients, so took up a course at AASBC (The Association of Accredited Small Business Consultants ), and was trained on how to grow my business. Now i have 6 shops in different locations, and doing fine.
The main part here, the knowledge to assess the risks and make an investment on right time.Get the knowledge and then apply it.
All the discussion is effective and first of all the set of vision, mission and goal is important, then comes rest of the things. He or she must be a good leader and should be led by an example and also a team player is better for this.
I would say to them just focus on DOING AND MAKING. I spent far too much time beating around the bush and less time actuallygaining the experience of CREATION! Making something, whether a blog or cupcakes, no matter how bad, is the best thing you can do because you will learn so much from that than from anything else.

As well as this I would say don't just network - make FRIENDS. Got o events and those people you have a real connection with pick up the phone and have a conversation with them. Get on Skype. Go for coffee. These people will help you but that's not why you do it - it's because that human connection will add value to whatever your doing.

Also GIVE. Help people and always be thinking of different ways to help them. Connect people you know. Give your time. Nothing is appreciated more than giving.

And as has been said - only do something you LOVE. That you can get out off bed with a smile on your face and work 18 hours a day (if you had to!) doing. Look at things that excited you when you we're a child - there's a lot of clues there!
I f you don't succeed the first time don't give up Keep trying also advertising in local and national news papers is much better than social net works. todate our company works better advertising than stupid facebook or twitter. Start small, be patient, take small steps, get experienced, and then run and enjoy your hard work.
Guru
3 Words:

- Innovate
- Collaborate
- Delegate...

Stick to these 3 and you'll definitely get things rolling.

Just make sure you are carrying out well-structured reviews of your business every month, or quarter (or similar). Lord Alan Sugar says that knowing your business down to the nuts and bolts is what separates the good from outstanding.

PM for contact information!
business think different

Tips:
1 Be flexible in your thinking.
2 Develop a good relationship with your bank manager and creditors.
3 Separate your work and personal life.
4 Develop an excellent telephone manner.
5 Never worry about how to get things done when you are first developing your idea.
To promoting this kind of business its paramount to make strong elevating framework accessible to be acquired showcasing or moderately. In case you are agent starting minor business.
http://thinkspace.com.my
Starting Out
Whichever business you want to start, it is important to get the idea clear. You must know the in and out of that subject. Be prepared for the best and the worst as well. Do the groundwork and start laying a firm business foundation.
1:Be direct, lead with the bottom line first, then fill in the facts and details. Always have a strong close. The first and last things you say are the most remembered.

2ont end what you say with a question (What do you think?). Instead, make a statement (Im interested in your feedback.). By making a statement rather than asking a question, you retain control of the conversation and youll sound more confident.

3:Speak in clear, concise language. Eliminate the umms, ahhs, uhhs and other fillers, it impacts your credibility and likability. It also makes it appear as if youre unsure of what youre saying. And lets face it, the teenage like speak (Hey, ummm, do you think, like, its cool to, like, do that?) is just downright annoying.

4:Use silence to your advantage, especially in a negotiation. State your case, then wait for the other person to respond before you speak. The one who speaks first almost always loses the advantage.

business opportunity
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_plan View Post
Hi Daniel.

1. A business without a great product/service can't survive
2. Don't pay for any advertisement - use social media, PR and creativity
3. Read great business books
4. Listen to your early customers
5. Follow your vision
i agree with you..those are great tips..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_plan View Post
Hi Daniel.

1. A business without a great product/service can't survive
2. Don't pay for any advertisement - use social media, PR and creativity
3. Read great business books
4. Listen to your early customers
5. Follow your vision
I am totally agree with dan_plan.
Banned
I've been running my own business for just over a year now - www.PitchWise.co.uk
1) Don't be scared to shout-out from the rooftops - I walk away from any investor, employee or bar conversation where people go "yeah, but what's stopping other people from copying it?". The fact is, even with no legal protection, no-one can copy your execution and your dedication. The only time I use NDA's (non disclosure agreement) is when interviewing candidates purely because I'm showing them my full business plan including cashflows etc. As a final point here, if your entering a market where there are big corporate players, remember they will never be able to move as fast as your nimble start-up.
2) Never give away equity for services - it's just not the right incentive. If you can't afford to pay someone (developer, marketer etc etc) then put on your best salesman hat and persuade someone to do it for free with scope to be paid when your business is flying - there is always someone with a portfolio to build.
3) Partnerships are gold - if you can partner up with any other company or organisation then the only way to get them to hear about your fledgling brand is to be persistent until you need antiperspirant!haha but seriously, keep harping on about how they can benefit and you'll get their attention eventually
4) Recruit before you know you need it - A job advertisement is great PR, and you'll find that there are faaar more capable people wanting a career change or something interesting to sink their teeth into! Lots of free job boards available just do a search.
5) Positivity is a state of mind - no-one is ever positive and confident all the time..it would be kinda scary if they were! Accepting this, and identifying the things that keep you enthused, will be key to staying determined in the early months. Personally, I get a little more reassurance everyday from following inspirational quotes and other entrepreneurs on Twitter - it's the small things!

Hope that was useful guys

Tags
business, tips, young entrepreneurs