This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Small business owners!!

Any small business owners here that have any advice for running one? Or if you would like to share your experience when you were first starting up good or bad. Anything that helped you succeed?
Starting Out
Thank you for your reply.

With your business, I'm assuming you have office space. How did you go about acquiring such space? I've been searching for a space to rent but am not sure how to narrow it down....like should I rent a furnished space or unfurnished, etc. I've found a couple of places on Zillow office space and Officelist but like I said I'm having problems narrowing it down. Do you rent your space or own it?
Banned
if you starting a new business than you have to note some basic things.

1 Select your business according to your budget and market.
2 Fully study your business market and their needs.
3 Start your business marketing before you start your business.
4 Try to target clients according to your business and also offer them some attractive plans and offers.
5 Take some advice from business experts.
Quote:
Any small business owners here that have any advice for running one? Or if you would like to share your experience when you were first starting up batam or bad. Anything that helped you succeed?
before you start your business, you must think of the following things:
1. The reason behind you start your business... always remember this especially when you encounter difficulties in the process.. this reason will motivate you...
2. Budget... fund the business from your pocket or find investor...
3. Link to your experience... this will help you success easier...

good luck
Advice for you would be to always make sure that you have money that buffers your business stashed away. You never know when you might need it. Have a cut off amount so that you know what to cut your losses and take a hit too.
Entrepreneur
The best advice I was ever given about starting a new business is first to estimate your worst case scenario in terms of capital required and also expected time to break even, then at least triple it...

As entrepreneurs tend to be optimistic, one thing I have persistently come across is founders underestimating the amount of money required to set up, and overestimating the speed at which they can starting earning money.

And as any entrepreneur will tell you, one of the most important factors for success is persistence - you need this more than anything to get through the first couple of years, because the road to success is bumpy and long!

Good luck with your venture :-)
UK Template Agreements and Sample Contracts - We sell template legal agreements and contracts for small UK businesses, for example our shareholders agreement template, non-disclosure agreement template, and zero hours contract template. All of our documents are user rated, constantly updated, and cost just £5.99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce View Post
Any small business owners here that have any advice for running one? Or if you would like to share your experience when you were first starting up good or bad. Anything that helped you succeed?
1. Analyze the market
2. Review products
3. Define your target audience
4. Your business name
5. Funding
Starting up a business is never an easy feat. Hence, for starters you have to be mentally prepared for any failures or sudden downfalls in the near future after your new venture has been set up. Only explore a business idea if you know the vicinity requires that particular product or service that you are selling even in tough competition. After which, be prepared to go all out and perform intense marketing and advertising.
The other thing to do if thinking of buyng an established business of this type. Jon up for a month, and do some undercover work for yourself. See what the staff are like, how the place hangs together, is it the same group of clients, or is there a high turnover.
Banned
I am a business owner of an IT Company based in India, I have the collection of unique software for ofice automation, Email Marketing, SMS marketing and many more .How to increase sale in USA & UK. my site link is here :http://www.windowindia.net,
Banned
Business plan is important. It is not required but it will help you a lot to manage your business effectively. The significance of creating your business plan gives an impact to understand your business better. Also leads to consider future scenarios cause you really don't know what exactly might happen to your business.
I am loving what @lokomotifbag has said here. It's really important to remember why you wanted to get into a small business. Your goals and dreams should come first and the success of your business will follow your motivation and drive. I ended up in the storage industry because I saw a business plan that helps me to achieve my goals and that's good enough for me!