Jack Gibbon (Antlers Gallery)
Entrepreneur: Jack Gibbon
Business: Antlers Gallery
Antlers is an independent commercial art gallery representing emerging to established Bristol-based artists. The Antlers gallery is nomadic by design. With no permanent residence, the business produces temporary exhibitions in prominent, empty retail spaces around Bristol.
Jack Gibbon of Antlers Gallery
Having no permanent space gives the business a flexible business model, which can adapt to different markets and circumstances, making it a sustainable enterprise for the following reasons;
- The reduction of some of the core expenses of business rates, rent and services charges, means the business can afford to lease properties in prominent retail locations.
- Changing locations gives increased exposure as each new show reignites the excitement of launching a new business.
- Each new location means the business can attract new audiences and clients, constantly developing the business’ database.
- By having no fixed location the business is free to leave Bristol for art fairs, festivals and ‘pop ups’ in other cities and countries without being tied to ongoing costs at a ‘home’ gallery.
- Antlers can program a range of exhibitions depending upon the space.
- Being nomadic makes the business’ online presence essential. The Antlers website, Twitter and Facebook pages act as hubs from which the business can communicate.
- Emphasis on online promotion greatly reduces marketing costs.
You can watch Jack's winning elevator pitch video again in the video player in the top right hand corner of this page.