Louise Broni-Mensah of online ticketing company, Shoobs.com, gives us her top tips for success in the entrepreneurial world.
1. Be cautious with your objectives....it is likely that it will take double the time to achieve your ideal targets, so plan accordingly for this possible scenario
2. Start networking...networking is vital for any new entrepreneur in order to obtain new opportunities for your business. It is equally important to build a friendship network of fellow entrepreneurs. When the going gets tough, these individuals will be able to provide the support and advice that your friends will find difficult!
3. Produce a workable business plan...Your business plan should be the manual for your business and not simply a document to impress a prospective investor/bank manager. Make sure you regularly review your progress against your business plan
4. Perform field research - Do not rely on desk research alone. You must conduct field research to comfortably conclude that there is demand for your business and to effectively shape your business
5. Get a mentor - Obtaining a good mentor is a must for any new entrepreneur. Use their expertise and experience to gain support and advice with building your business.