News | Shell Enterprise Development Awards: April 6
21 March 2017
Every year, the Shell LiveWIRE and Shell Springboard programmes recognise and award ground-breaking UK entrepreneurs helping to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low-carbon future. And this year is no exception.
On April 6, six Shell LiveWIRE and six Shell Springboard finalists will compete for a total of £185,000 of equity free funding. They will present to a panel of judges, all experts in the sustainability and enterprise sectors.
The Shell LiveWIRE judging panel comprises of:
The Shell Springboard judging panel is:
- Jane Pritchard, EnterpriseDirector, Business in the Community;
- Tom Robinson, Founder of Adaptavate and winner of the 2015 Shell LiveWIRE Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Sabrina Kiefer, Venture Coach, Imperial Enterprise Lab
- James Byrne, Venture Director, Sustainable Ventures
- David Bunch, Shell Vice President of Global Retail Marketing.
The winners will be announced at an evening networking and awards reception, hosted by Sinead Lynch, Shell UK Country Chair.
- Professor Dame Julia King
- Roy Williamson, Technology Scout at the Department of International Trade
- Beverley Gower-Jones, CEO of Carbon Limiting Technologies
- Professor Martin Siegert, Co-director of the Grantham Institute for Climate Change and Environment.
The six Shell Springboard finalists are:
The six Shell LiveWIRE finalists for the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award are:
If you’d like to attend and get the chance to network with some of the UK’s leading entrepreneurs working at the cutting-edge of the low-carbon economy, please email mail@ShellSpringboard.org.